NOAO System Science Center
The NOAO System Science Center (NSSC), a newly formed division of NOAO, comprises System User Support, System Data Management, and System Community Development. Overall, NSSC will provide the following services:
- User support for observing proposal preparation and submission for all of the system facilities as well as help with questions about post-observing data processing.
- Assist non-NOAO facilities as appropriate to help with their interface to the community-at-large.
- Work with the community-at-large to define and prioritize new capabilities of the system.
- Ensure that current and new capabilities of the system are being advertized to the widest possible audience.
Verne Smith, Director
TAC Process Manager
System User Support (SUS) is the former NOAO Gemini Science Center expanded to include community-access telescopes. System Data Management (SDM) was previously known as the Data Products Program. System Community Development (SCD) is a newly formed program that will track community desires for the evolution of capabilities within the system and guide development to provide such capabilities. The SCD program includes LSST Science, GSMT/ELT Science, and Optical Interferometry Science; its activities are reported in the NOAO electronic newsletter Currents. If you have any questions or comments about the role of NSSC, do not hesitate to contact Verne Smith, NSSC Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NOAO Astronomers’ Page
- NSSC Staff Page
- NOAO Support for Gemini Users
- NOAO Support for Users of Gemini and the Community-Access Telescopes
- Telescopes Supported
- AAT 4-m Telescope
- CHARA Array Telescopes
- Gemini North and South 8-m telescopes
- Keck-I and Keck-II 10-m telescopes
- MMT Observatory 6.5-m telescope
- Subaru (Gemini Exchange Time)
- NOAO Brochures
- Gemini Partners’ National Project Offices
Comments or Questions
- NSSC—Dr. Verne Smith (email@example.com)
- SUS—Dr. Letizia Stanghellini (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- SCD—Dr. Knut Olsen (email@example.com)
- Misc.—Jane Price firstname.lastname@example.org)
Comments or Questions? Contact email@example.com