Astrobiology Graduate Conference
January 7-10, 2004
A conference organized for and by graduate students working in the many fields encompassed by the study of Astrobiology
Sponsored by the NASA Astrobiology Institute
University of Arizona, Steward Observatory and
National Optical Astronomy Observatory
To be held in Tucson, AZ, at the University of Arizona and Marriott Hotel
Can we talk?
During the conference we will have a group discussion on various aspects of graduate student education and professional development in Astrobiology, some of which will be provided as written feedback to NAI. For example:
- Should there be an NAI listserv and how should this be managed?
- How can we increase student involvement at all Astrobiology conferences?
- Should formal interdepartmental seminars, field trips or other events be offered at all NAI Universities?
- Should primary field course requirements be altered to accomodate interdisciplinary work?
- How shall we start planning for the NEXT ABGradCon?
Please think about any other concerns/ideas that you would like to discuss about graduate astrobiology education here, and you are invited to submit them in advance as comments when you register.