NOAO < IMAGE GALLERY < 950 N.Cherry

KPNO Headquarters

[950 N.Cherry]

About this image

The original building at 950 North Cherry Avenue, Tucson, some time in the late 1950s. It housed the offices and laboratories for the Kitt Peak National Observatory. This facility was subsequently expanded, and later became the headquarters of the National Optical Astronomy Observatories, of which KPNO is now one division. From the private collection of Dr Keith Pierce.

More: facilities page, history page.


Minimum credit line: Ray Manley/NOAO/AURA/NSF

Downloadable versions:
308 x 200 9 kb B&W JPEG (on this page)
616 x 400 36 kb B&W JPEG
2000 x 1300 480 kb B&W JPEG
2000 x 1300 2.5 Mb B&W TIFF
(see NOAO Conditions of Use)

Comments by e-mail to images@noao.edu