Typical Observing Procedure
Once the telescope is up and running, a typical observing
procedure might be as follows:
Return to the main menu
- . While the CCD is integrating, select the next object to
be observed from one of the star caches available in
the star cache window. Send the star to the "next" box
in the main telescope control window with the "send
- . When the CCD begins to read out, make sure the "next"
box in the telescope control window is active, and
click the mouse on the "go there" button in the telescope
control window. The guider will turn off
automatically when the "go there" button is clicked.
- . When the slew is complete, center the star up on the
slit with the handpaddle.
- . Click the mouse on the "guider" button to turn the
- . When the CCD readout is complete, start the next