Using the Mouse
Most interactions with Xccs consist of clicking SELECT on buttons in
various Xccs windows and pop-up windows.
There are two types of buttons in Xccs: rectangular buttons and oval
Description of Oval Buttons was here.
Description of Rectangular Buttons was here.
Likewise, scrollbars got a going over in this section.
Using Pop-up Windows and Pull-down Menus
Xccs uses pop-up windows, and pull-down menus that contain commands and
settings. The following describes how to display menus and pop-up
windows and choose commands or change settings.
Pull-down Menus Pull-down menus are available in oval buttons which
have a downward pointing arrow in the right half of the button. An
example is the "Set Values" button in the main Xccs window. You
display pull-down menus with the mouse. Here's how:
If you want to change the default choice for a menu, hold down <Ctrl>
while you choose the item you want.
- * If you click MENU, the menu displays. You can choose an item by
clicking on it with MENU or SELECT. Click outside the menu to cancel
- * If you press MENU, the menu displays while the button remains
pressed. Drag MENU to the choice you want and release to choose an
- * If you press SELECT, the default choice for the menu replaces the
menu name for the button. Releasing SELECT at this point will select
the default choice.
Menu items can contain indicators that show what each menu item will
- * No indicator--Indicates a command item. The command executes when
the item is chosen.
- * Window mark (...)--Indicates a window item. A pop-up window displays
when the item is chosen.
- *Menu mark (arrow)--Indicates a menu item. A submenu displays when the
item is chosen.
More info, this time about Pop-up Windows.