In Xccs, you'll use the mouse for many basic operations. Here are some
definitions for terms that are used in describing the mouse and its
use. These terms are used throughout the help system.
The mouse is the small box with three buttons attached to the NCD
terminal. It is typically found to the right of the terminal. The
mouse with the NCD terminal does not require a special pad-the desktop
The pointer allows you to interact and operate the Coude Feed through
the Xccs graphical user interface.
The pointer is the indicator on the screen that shows the current
location for mouse activities. When you move the mouse on the mouse
pad, the pointer moves on the screen. The pointer shape is the shape
of an arrow.
The Mouse Buttons
Help assumes the use of a right-handed mouse, with the mouse buttons in
the sequence SELECT, ADJUST, and MENU, from left to right.
- Left Button or SELECT
- SELECT Button Selects items on pop-up windows, chooses default menu
items, and selects GUI items in the main TCS window.
- Middle Button or ADJUST
- ADJUST Button The adjust button is not used in the TCS GUI.
- Right Button or MENU
- MENU Button Displays menus, submenus, and pop-up menus, and chooses
items from menus.
Mouse Button Activities
Standard mouse button activities are clicking, pressing, and dragging.
The names of the buttons (SELECT, ADJUST, and MENU) and the kinds of
mouse activities (click, press, and drag) will be used throughout other
parts of the help system.
- Press and release the designated mouse button quickly. To
"double-click," press and release the designated mouse button twice
- Press and hold down the designated mouse button.
- Press the designated mouse button, hold it down while moving the
mouse, then release the button.