- Solar Music - Helioseismology illustrates how to learn about an object by listening to it. Download the updated version in PDF format!
- Resource List About the Sun, with links to web pages as well as lists of books and periodicals with articles about our nearest star.
From Project ASTRO Tucson:
- Guy Ottewell's classic The Earth as a Peppercorn can be viewed on-line or ordered.
- Bring Comet Hale-Bopp into your classroom with this eight page brochure (a PDF file).
- Dennis Schatz shares his famous Comet Recipe for making a comet in the classroom.
- Make Your Own Comet describes our experiences using the above recipe and includes science facts about comets from NOAO researchers.
- This classroom activity uses NIH Image and data from Kitt Peak to measure the Motion of Comet Hyakutake.
- Construct a color-magnitude diagram of the Jewelbox Cluster with Jewels of the Night, a hands-on activity for middle school and older students.
- An Infrared slide set can be viewed on-line or ordered from the ASP.
- A Survival Guide for Scientists and Engineers
- Linking Students with Scientists and Engineers, A Survival Guide for Teachers
- A Guide for Parents
- Ordering information and an order form you fill out and mail to the NCMLS.