NC Museum of Life and Science
Thank you for your interest in our
Sharing Science with Children series!
The North Carolina Museum of Life and Science has developed
three guides designed to promote involvement in science education. The
Guides are described below, with information about various ordering options.
To order the Guides, download and print out the on-line order form. Return
the completed order form by mail to the the address given on the order form.
- Sharing Science with Children: A Survival Guide for Scientists and
- A concise, how-to-manual for scientists and engineers interested in sharing
their expertise in science with schools. This guide describes learning
characteristics of young people, offers presentation tips, and lists typical
elementary science topics by grade level.
- Sharing Science: Linking Students with Scientists and Engineers,
A Survival Guide for Teachers
- Designed to help teachers tap scientsts as resources, this guide links
elementary science topics with the work of a wide variety of scientists. It
also outlines steps to make ths most out of a scientist's visit.
- Sharing Science with Children: A Guide for Parents
- Emphasizing everyday discoveries, this practical guide helps parents do
with their children. It identifies science experiences, skills and concepts
families can explore in their home and community.
Choose between three ordering options:
- Obtain Guides from the Museum:
- Up to five copies of each guide are free upon request. Copies may be
in multiples of 25 only. The cost is $25 for each multiple of 25 up to 200
copies. Orders greater than 200 will receive a 20% discount.
- Purchase Black and White Masters:
- You can order a set of durable Black and White Masters of each guide, from
which an unlimited number of photocopies can be made. The cost for each set
of Black and White Masters is $100.00.
- Purchase Mechanicals:
- The Museum can provide mechanicals of the guides, from which an unlimited
number of copies can be printed. The fee for one set of mechanicals is
$500.00 and $25.00/hour for customizing, if desired. Allow approximately
four to six weeks for production. Once mechanicals are purchased, a local
printer will be able to produce copies for you. Printing costs vary, so
we recommend getting several estimates.
- Noncommercial duplication of the guides is encouraged.
- Permission may be requested to reprint excerpts. Credit must be given in all
- Thanks to the generosity of professional scientific societies, a limited
number of guides can be furnished to nonprofit institutions for reduced
fees. If you are requesting reduced fees, please send a written request.
North Carolina Museum of Life and Science
Page created and maintained by Suzanne H. Jacoby
Last Updated: 11 June 1996
Artwork by students of the Satori School, Tucson, Arizona
Return to NOAO Educational Outreach Page